Rickard & Michael S.: Last week we mainly focused on the rendering of rover-derived models. As of now we can render them, but without a correct placement. We’ve only started looking into the placement of the models. We’ve also received new, more accurate data for rendering the rover path on top of the reference ellipsoid, and implemented it in OpenSpace.
Michael N. & Oskar: Last week we integrated the CCfits library into OpenSpace as a separate module. The module will be used to read and process the high resolution imagery in the FITS format that the spacecraft provide. We’ve also started adding kameleon’s field line tracer to OpenSpace in order to support more of CCMC’s data models and managed to render some of the data from ENLIL. CCMC also provided us with the SPICE kernel for SDO and we can now render its trail/orbit in the correct location.
Jonathan: Since last week I’ve implemented a TouchInteraction class that handles and interprets the input. Zooming, rotation and panning now work by having the touch event add a velocity, and the interaction class calculates the new camera position orientation by incrementing with velocity times dt. The velocities all have some friction/intertia to eventually stop the interaction and make the movement smooth. In the coming week I will continue to work on how the touch input is best interpreted, as well as adding rolling to the multi-touch gesture list.
Kalle: I have worked on a memory aware tile cache that can be dynamically resized, to limit the amount of memory used for caching tiles. I have also isolated GDAL in the globe browsing module so that GDAL is no longer a necessary dependency. If OpenSpace is not compiled with GDAL, a simple tile reader will be used instead. The simple tile reader currently only supports the common image formats used by the texture loader, and the textures currently need to have width and height being powers of two.
Gene: The frequent crashing of the Jenkins Mac node seems to be fixed now, but I’m watching it long-term to make sure it stays that way. I fixed a build problem with satellite TLE downloading with luasocket. I can now get the luasocket library to build as a part of building OpenSpace, rather than having to build it separately. I’m working on a feature that allows scenegraph nodes to be tagged and then operated on (e.g. renderable commands) as a group.